Thursday, March 3, 2011

Visit

Last night I had the pleasure of visiting a dear, dear lady in the hospital. She is having surgery on her hip this morning. Velma is easily one of the sweetest people I have ever known and has the most positive attitude and zest for life. Nothing seems to phase her and she loves everyone she meets. Every time we see her at church she is always so happy and excited to see us and calls us her "favorite couple". :-) She was in terrible pain on Sunday and was having a difficult time walking and didn't realize that her hip was broken. So I went to see her yesterday after work and brought her a pot of tulips. She told me, "Even when things like this happen- surgery and whatnot, well, that's just how life goes. When this happens I just thank God for everything he's given me. I have SO much to be thankful for!" What an attitude! I think Velma is the kind of person we all aspire to be. Even when she's in pain or having a rough time, she is always more concerned and sympathetic towards others. I know she challenges me every time I think of her and has been such a blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment